The Fabry International Network recruit an office coordinator (part-time)
FIN is a non-for-profit organization which overall aim is to facilitate collaboration between organizations to support those affected by Fabry disease.
It seeks to do this primarily through enabling communication, promoting best practice and acting as an independent forum for Fabry patients around the world.
Today, FIN is connected to over > 35 Member countries.
Membership is open to any national patient organization in which Fabry patients are represented.
FIN also aims to raise awareness and educate the public about Fabry disease, a very rare life threatening genetic, lysosomal storage disorder.
Major functions of the office coordinator:
The main role of the office coordinator will be to support and work with the FIN board of directors in:
- fulfilling its governance functions
- implementing the strategic goals and mission of the organization by achieving the organization’s annual goals and objectives
Main tasks include – but not limited to:
- Board Administration and Support — Operations and administration support, coordination of internal meetings/conference calls, taking minutes and managing follow-up;
- Community and Public Relations — Ensuring that the organization, its mission and activities consistently present a strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders.
- Project delivery — coordination of programme/activity committee, budget management, coordination of external suppliers, publication management
- Membership management — database management, dues management, management of inquiries, emailings
- General administration tasks –performing administrative work and maintain appropriate and confidential records
- Prior experience of 1-3 years in association management – experience in the field
- Good English both written and spoken, other languages are assets
- Diplomacy and strong communication skills
- At ease in multi-national/ multi-stakeholder work environment
- Ability to work independently, to take initiative and capacity to prioritise workload
- Good writing capacity (structuration of content documentation, communication material…)
- Good IT skills with experience of Outlook, WORD, Excel and Power Point and web-based
Content Management System for websites update.
- Competitive salary conditions for a part-time employment contract in the not-for-
- A dynamic and forward-looking working environment
- Potential to travel
- A staff development programme
- The opportunity to contribute to improving quality of life of patient living with Fabry Diseases across the globe.
- A lot of positive challenges
Floralaan 35A, 9120 Beveren, Belgium
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to email@example.com
Lut De Beare
President of Fabry International Network
Deadline for applications: 15 November 2018